Odd couple at Arcola
THE latest production to visit Dalston s Arcola theatre is a thoughtful comedy about a very odd pair indeed. In Company Along the Mile, transvestite Stella pays an ordinary bloke called George to meet her every afternoon in a seedy Blackpool hotel for san
THE latest production to visit Dalston's Arcola theatre is a thoughtful comedy about a very odd pair indeed.
In Company Along the Mile, transvestite Stella pays an ordinary bloke called George to meet her every afternoon in a seedy Blackpool hotel for sandwiches and a chat.
But their peculiar and private routine is then disturbed by a knock at the door.
The play explores their curious arrangement, their need for companionship, their loneliness and the possibility of change.
You may also want to watch:
The play opened Leeds last month and started its run at the Arcola on February 2, where it will stay until February 21.
Tickets are �15 and �10 for concessions. To book, call 020 7503 1646, or visit arcolatheatre.com
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 4 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning