Posh west London gallery pops up in East End
A POSH West London gallery will make an appearance in the East End in the form of Art Work Space East. Having launched last autumn in The Hempel Hotel in Bayswater, the gallery has rapidly won wide respect for its presentation of exciting and very talente
A POSH West London gallery will make an appearance in the East End in the form of Art Work Space East.
Having launched last autumn in The Hempel Hotel in Bayswater, the gallery has rapidly won wide respect for its presentation of exciting and very talented young artists, with a consistently high quality of work.
Art Work Space East will present a selection of work, as a group show from the four artists that have each had their debut solo exhibition at the main gallery since its launch.
Haslam Fox's work explores London's architectural and social diversity by focusing on two of its contrasting tall buildings, the Lloyds of London building and the unexceptional Donnington Tower in Stockwell, and the people that live and work around them.
You may also want to watch:
CONRAD Frankel's exhibition The First People is made up of a group of oil paintings and takes its inspiration and subject matter from 19-century photographic portraits and the particular intensities that occurred while the technology was still in its infancy.
Yasmin Sandytia's exhibition of illustrations In Brackets is the current exhibition at Art Work Space and consists of a series of one-off ink and watercolour drawings, alongside a selection of hand glazed ceramic plates.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 7 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
Photographer and filmmaker Niall O'Brien's show Good Rats marked the first substantial exposition of work from the Superheroes series, an ongoing project that has seen O'Brien living alongside, and observing the lives of a group of young punks from South-West London over the last three years.
There will be a free Q&A session with O'Brien at Bethnal Green restaurant Bistrotheque on April 22.
Art Work Space East in Hackney Road will be open until May 9.
Good Rats Q&A session at Bistrotheque is at 6.30pm on Thursday, April 22.
Tickets are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org