Watch out for Santa on speedboat sleigh zooming past Tower of London
- Credit: St Katherine Docks
Santa Claus is planning to zoom down the Thames on his modern-day speedboat sleigh to switch the Christmas lights on at the historic St Katharine Docks.
He’ll be met on Thursday evening on the quayside by children from St Peter’s Primary School in Wapping, belting out seasonal carols.
But Santa won’t be bringing his reindeer — they might not survive the watery journey under Tower Bridge.
He arrives for the big switch on at 6pm, followed by entertainment on the quayside.
The picturesque docks by the Tower of London will be awash with sparking lights and festive live music, with a carol concert from the City Chamber Choir as well as the carols by St Peter’s schoolchildren.
You may also want to watch:
Mulled wine, hot chocolate and mince pies are also being served up to keep visitors, tourists and Santa warm now the cold winter is setting in.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week