Artists from around the world exhibit in Shoreditch event
- Credit: Dan Bone
Artists from across the world are exhibiting at a pop up exhibition in Shoreditch.
The First At Last exhibition, organised by Galleria Balmain will feature work from artists in the UK and from countries such as India, Germany, Ireland, France and Greece.
Event organiser Colin Taylor, who is the owner of online curator website Galleria Balmain, said: “Like everyone, artists have suffered from the pandemic and I wanted to give some very talented individuals the opportunity to show their work directly to the public rather than just through our online gallery."
The work on display at 188 Shoreditch High Street will include sculpture, photography, jewellery, pen and ink and painting in a variety of styles, disciplines and media.
The exhibition is free to the public and is open seven days week, opening at 10am and closing at 8pm from Monday to Saturday, and from 11am to 4pm on Sundays.
You may also want to watch:
Artist Andrew Aarons added: “After almost two years without art exhibitions in ordinary high street galleries this exhibition is a wonderful opportunity for us to show our work to the clamouring public."
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 6 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 7 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 8 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Man found stabbed on board night bus