Single review: I'm Not Over by Carolina Liar
CHAD Wolf is Carolina Liar. He s from South Carolina (hence the band s name) and the other five members of the band are from Sweden. He is on record as saying with him the song has come first, the band second. That says a lot. When you hear that during
CHAD Wolf is Carolina Liar. He's from South Carolina (hence the band's name) and the other five members of the band are from Sweden.
He is on record as saying with him the song has come first, the band second. That says a lot.
When you hear that during his time studying music in Los Angeles he had a dream internship with songwriter Diane Warren, you realise that he has sound roots.
Over the past 25 years she has composed hits for Aerosmith, Whitney Houston, Estelle, Meat Loaf and Ace Of Bass, and co-wrote the UK's 2009 Eurovision Song Contest entry with Andrew Lloyd Webber.
You may also want to watch:
Then more is revealed when you discover that the band's debut album, Coming To Terms, due out in a mater of weeks, is produced by Max Martin you raise your eyebrows.
He has been the brains behind Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Backstreet Boys, Kelly Clarkson and N'Sync.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
A chance meeting with Martin resulted in the legendary producer paying for him to take a holiday in Sweden
Add to that the boost that the band has had from their music being used in the two hit TV series The Hills and Gossip Girl and you wonder if this is a band that could possibly fail.
Show Me What I'm Looking For, a piece of soaring feelgood rock, was released as a single in the UK back in May.
Now, ahead of the debut album Coming To Terms being released in a couple of weeks, the epic second single I'm Not Over is out now
This track hase been used for a host of TV and movie productions - so much so that it sounds like a much loved old friend. Albeit a little bit like The Killers watered-down.
There's a string of catchy hooks and it's a guaranteed playlist staple. A powerful chorus and plenty of woah woahs indicate a guaranteed hit.
I'm Not Over by Carolina Liar is out on Atlantic Records.