Soul stars from Irish film the Commitments reunite at 02 concert
It is more than 20 years since the film The Commitments, about unemployed Dubliners who form a soul band, burst onto movie screens across the world.
To celebrate the 21st anniversary of one of Ireland’s favourite film, The Stars from The Commitments will perform three UK shows – culminating with a final performance on St Patrick’s Day at The O2.
The concert on March 17 promises to a be full blown soul extravaganzas with songs from the movie and added extras.
Some of the band’s members, recognising the impending anniversary, started looking into the possibility of reunion gigs.
Soon a team came together, including Paul Bushnell, the music director on the movie who co-produced the soundtrack CD with recording engineer Kevin Killen and the film’s director Alan Parker.
You may also want to watch:
Bushnell said: “We gathered together in Dublin, performed a few songs as a band, then sat down over pints and thrashed it all out between us to see if we could make it work. And we did. So here we are.”
The stars from the Commitments featuring in the concert are Andrew Strong, Robert Arkins, Angeline Ball, Bronagh Gallagher, Michael Aherne, Felim Gormley, Dave Finnegan, Kenneth McCluskey and Dick Massey.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
Visit theo2.co.uk for tickets priced �45 and �49 subject to booking fee.