‘Spotlight’ goes on young music talent in free public gig tonight at Poplar’s Spotlight youth centre
- Credit: Poplar Harca
Up-and-coming young music and rap talent hits the spotlight tonight for a free public gig in Poplar.
Archna Joshi, Osseus and David Diant are three east London acts among 10 live music performers at the Spotlight youth venue in Langdon Park.
They are working with Spotlight Sounds record label for its Sounds Season 2 mixtape for 2018 being launched tonight.
Archna, a ‘crossover’ between R&B and World Music, has performed at an event organised with BBC 1Xtra.
“Music is something I find comfort in,” she said. “It became a way I expressed myself and became a representation of me.”
You may also want to watch:
She is using tonight’s gig to promote her new EP, ‘Fake Love’, ‘Confidence’ and ‘Lost’ which is also being released today on major online platforms.
Spotlight Sounds founder Oliver Thomas said: “These young artists possess an uncompromising and imaginative approach to music creation. They are driven, prolific, diverse and hold the key to London’s future music content.”
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
Spotlight Sounds is an artist development record label operating at the Spotlight centre that gives career-focussed artists free access to professional studio facilities, music industry training and a release platform for their music.
Osseus are an alternative rock band comprising Alistair Pearlman, Sammy Dwyer and Daniel Aminoff who have released an EP, Nostalgia, and have performed at venues for Absent Kelly music promotions.
David Diant performs a mix of Hip Hop and Rap music and has a large Youtube following, with a recently-released video that has had 20,000 views.
Previous artists signed with the Spotlight Sounds label include Weezy rapper, who has performed with BBC 1Xtra Street Studio, Black Box Sessions, Link Up TV, and GRM Daily.
Another is Bruno, who was offered an artist management contract off the back of an event co-hosted with BBC 1Xtra.
Tonight’s compare is DJ Rellik Tha Don from Reprezent youth-led radio station.