Strictly Come Dancing duo take to the dance floor for panto launch
�They became known as the jokers of Strictly Come Dancing and now show judge Craig Revel Horwood and contestant Ann Widdecombe have turned heads at an eye-catching Spitalfields Market tea dance.
The event on Friday was a hilarious warm-up to the Orchard Theatre’s offering this year of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
The duo hit the dance floor at the famous London market’s bi-monthly event along with regular dancers and music by the acclaimed New Covent Garden Dance Orchestra. Craig Revel Horwood has swapped his black tie and tuxedo for an amazing array of glittering gowns and was in fab-u-lous form, a compliment he would rarely give to Ann, cementing him as the perfect casting for the unltimate stage villain –- The Wicked Queen.
Ann Widdecombe, who spent 25 years as MP for Maidstone and Weald, will be making her pantomime debut playing the role of Widdy in Waiting.
You may also want to watch:
She said “I am delighted that my first appearance in pantomime is in Kent and I’m really looking forward to spending the Christmas season with Craig in Dartford.
“Given that the theatre is close to home it means that many of my friends will want to come along which I am thrilled about.”
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
n Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs runs at The Orchard Theatre, Dartford, from Friday December 9 to Saturday December 31 this year. Tickets can be booked at www.orchardtheatre.co.uk or on 01322 220000.
, in the role of Wicked Queen and he and Ann are sure to recreate some of the banter that occurred when Craig was judging her on the last series of Strictly Come Dancing!
The outspoken judge is a well-known face on television, seen by millions of viewers for his appearances on eight series of Strictly Come Dancing. He has also appeared on Comic Relief Does Fame Academy and Strictly Ice Dancing, as well as countless other programmes including Celebrity Masterchef, Ready Steady Cook, Blue Peter and Hider in the House. For the stage, Craig has most recently directed and choreographed the UK Tour of Chess.
If he’s looking for some local support maybe he could call on Strictly’s fellow judge Len Goodman, the dance guru lives a few miles away in Greenhithe.