Shakespeare’s Macbeth and A Midsummer Night’s Dream coming to Wilton’s
- Credit: Archant
The Watermill Theatre is bringing William Shakespeare’s Macbeth and A Midsummer Night’s Dream to Wilton’s Music Hall.
The ensemble's productions will run from late January to mid February at the venue in Graces Alley, Whitechapel, and come hot on the heels of their UK autumn tour.
Artistic director Paul Hart said: "I can think of no space more fitting than Wilton's - indeed our A Midsummer Night's Dream is literally set in a Victorian music hall, and the chance to return to such an intimate setting for Macbeth is hugely exciting."
Billy Postlethwaite, whose credits include Chernobyl and Game Of Thrones, will revive his performance of Macbeth in the production, which premiered at The Watermill Theatre in the spring of 2019.
Macbeth is set against the soundtrack of The xx, Johnny Cash and The Rolling Stones performed live by a cast of actor / musicians.
You may also want to watch:
For tickets (£10-£29) and performance times visit wiltons.org.uk or call the box office on 020 7702 2789 (Mon-Fri, 11am-6pm).
- 1 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 2 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 9 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 10 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report