Up and coming British group to launch album and tour in the East End
A rising contemporary British group are to launch their new album and kick-start their international tour at an East London theatre.
Soumik Datta and Bernhard Schimpelsberger will launch their album Circle of Sound at the Rich Mix, in Bethnal Green Road at 8.30pm on Saturday, April 28.
Circle of Sound takes listeners on a journey through India and Europe and is the story of how two men overleap cultural borders to find a unified language in music.
Mr Datta and Mr Schimpelsberger, both 28, will play tracks from their new album and combine film, narrative and storytelling to showcase an entire cross-arts production.
Mr Datta said: “We are super excited about performing at Rich Mix and getting our tour started.
You may also want to watch:
“It is the first launch of the album so it is a big date for us.
“The album is special as it uses traditional instruments and gives audiences more of a wonderful feel.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
“But the show is quite different as it has lots of elements, like a production, but with a storyline.”
The album is inspired by real-life experiences that have shaped their bold styles and it features Mercury Music Award winner Talvin Singh.
Oliver Carruthers, Head of Programming at Rich Mix, said: “We are delighted to welcome Soumik back to Rich Mix to present this truly unique performance with Bernhard Schimpelsberger.
“It is a great example of the type of world class artistic programming we love to host which reflects, and is accessible to, the diverse communities who live in East London and beyond.”
For more information, visit www.circleofsoundmusic.com and to book tickets, visit www.richmix.org.uk.