Upminster teacher to celebrate business milestone with Pilates event
- Credit: AJP Photography
An Upminster-based Pilates teacher is celebrating the one-year anniversary of her business with an event in Whitechapel.
Established on July 22 in 2020, Pilates Core UK founder Kim Karlsson will be hosting Knees Up - a social get together with “free-flowing” prosecco and the chance to get fit with studio-based Pilates.
Due to undergoing spine surgery after the birth of her first child, which resulted in her giving up a career teaching dance, Kim wanted to share her knowledge to help others.
The mother-of-two found Pilates to be the best cure for her back pain.
The 35-year-old said: “I wanted something I could bring my friends to, who weren't necessarily Pilates heads - I didn't want them to be intimidated or bored by heavy anatomy talk."
You may also want to watch:
The event aims to be fun while showing people the “huge benefits” of Pilates and will be held in X+why's People’s Mission Hall in Whitechapel on July 22 from 6.15pm to 9pm.
- 1 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 2 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 3 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 4 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 5 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 6 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 8 Youthful Orient side nab a draw away to Dulwich Hamlet
- 9 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 10 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears