Vic and Bob's protege to tickle funny bones of Hackney punters
SHOOTING Stars Angelos Epithemiou has been revealed as the headline act for a new comedy night launching in an East End boozer. Bafta-award-winning comedian Will Andrews is supporting Angelos, along with stars-in-the-making The Real Macguffins at the lau
SHOOTING Stars' Angelos Epithemiou has been revealed as the headline act for a new comedy night launching in an East End boozer.
Bafta-award-winning comedian Will Andrews is supporting Angelos, along with stars-in-the-making The Real Macguffins at the launch of the Pork & Pickle Pie Comedy Club at The Britannia tonight (Thursday).
Compere for the evening is Richard Sandling and punters will pay a fiver for a ticket which includes the cream of 2009's stand-up comedy from the London and Edinburgh circuits, a couple of surprise guests and a slice of The Britannia's renowned pork and pickle pie.
Well known for his performances on BBC2's Shooting Stars with Vic Reeves, Bob Mortimer, Ulrika Jonsson and Jack Dee, Dan Renton Skinner's alter-ego Angelos Epithemiou is an award-winning burger van owner.
You may also want to watch:
Will Andrews was winning comedy awards at the Edinburgh Fringe in 2003 and has since won a Scottish Bafta award.
He is a regular on television, starring alongside Marcus Brigstocke and Mel Giedroyc in children's television comedy series Sorry I've Got No Head.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
Sketch group The Real Macguffins, who combine a background of classic comedy with television appearances, will also be performing with Will tonight.
The Britannia's owner Andrew Maillard said: "The Britannia is right at the heart of the community here in Victoria Park, and with this new comedy night we're going to be right at the heart of the comedy community too.
"We're bringing together the best in new comedy from the Edinburgh Fringe and London comedy circuits in a brand new setting."
Tickets are �5 and are available on the door at the pub in Victoria Park Road or from 020 8533 0040.