Vive Argentina with the tango
VIVA Argentina! The image of a passionate, hot-blooded couple whose bodies are intertwined as they dance in the intimate backstreets of Buenos Aires is a romantic one.
And for those seeking to learn the country’s famous national dance, the tango, Vive La Dance! on April 7 is a good opportunity.
Professionals Doni Fierro and partner Liz Bayley will be teaching beginners and other dancers how to dance the style before performing themselves.
The event takes place in the East Wintergarden on April 7 and will include live music, South American food and champagne for a fun evening.
Liz said: “The dance is a very social one and there are many different waves across the country. People are loyal to their style. A lot of people don’t know that it also originated in Uruguay.
You may also want to watch:
“It is an elegant and more mature dance than salsa and there is a real closeness between partners which is extremely passionate.”
Doni and Liz will perform an improvised dance and a social one with adornments including kicks, flips and foot work.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
Tickets cost �8.50 and are available from www.ticketweb.co.uk.