You'll have a Field Day in Victoria Park
LEFTFIELD entertainment will return to Victoria Park this weekend as an alternative crowd descends on the East End for cutting-edge music at this year s Field Day festival. Field Day is kicking off in Vicky Park on Saturday for its third annual summer ext
LEFTFIELD entertainment will return to Victoria Park this weekend as an alternative crowd descends on the East End for cutting-edge music at this year's Field Day festival.
Field Day is kicking off in Vicky Park on Saturday for its third annual summer extravaganza and will see Scottish rockers Mogwai headline the festival.
Ambient electro wizard Four Tet will be returning to Field Day, after his performance at the inaugural event two years ago, to play his first live set in London in over a year while former Arab Strap multi-instrumentalist Malcolm Middleton will also be making an appearance at this year's Field Day.
Touted as natural successors to the mantle currently held by the likes of Battles, Hot Chip and LCD Soundsystem, Errors will play the main stage while Fennesz's pretty and melodic music, mixing bent instrumental pop, synth gurgles, white noise and ethereal vocal samples will also entertain the crowd and Dubstep don DJ Skream lays down jaw-wobbling bass.
You may also want to watch:
Legendary DJ and producer Erol Alkan will perform on the Bugged Out stage, which will also host synth-pop sensation Little Boots, while Mystery Jets, who had to cancel last year's appearance due to lead singer Blaine Harrison's illness, will play the Adventures in the Beetroot Field stage.
Vicky Park will be transformed into a village fete where revellers can take part in "countrified games" or just sit on some hay bales and stuff their faces with home made cake in the Village Mentality area.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
Field Day's very own village green, inspired by summer sports days and country fetes, this year's selection of activities serves to remind festival-goers of life's simpler pleasures and will host stalls and including sack-racing, whack-the-rat and a coconut shy.
Field Day starts at 11.30am on Saturday. Tickets cost �29.50 from www.ticketweb.co.uk or 08444 771 000.